Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Walking the Kitteh

The problem with having a cat is not having a place for it to do cat things such as eat grass, sniff various items, explore and act all tough.

Jessica and I decided to purchase a little cat harness with a lease for Shyla so we could remedy this little problem. Shyla has in the past attempted, and sometimes succeeded, to escape and roam free for a minute or two.

The harness is pink with some shiny reflective material on top. I call it Shyla's "bling". The leash is also pink. I went along simply because Jessica said "she's a girl"...I do feel less like a man holding it. However, I'm already walking a cat...

Our first, and thus far, only, attempt took place on Sunday after sacrament meeting. We actually skipped out on the rest. Long story. We took her to the park across the street from our apartment and decided the mostly wooded/secluded area would be the best.

Have you ever tried to walk a cat? Cats don't do walks...they do leads. They walk when they want to, where they want to and how they want to. She seemed to enjoy sniffing around and checking out the wildlife. Didn't like the creek so much. I believe this was her first time viewing moving water.

I wonder what attempt number 2 will be like...

Note: Skateboarders seem to be terrifying. She immediately went into "stealth/hide/possibly kill mode" upon hearing one cruise down the sidewalk.









1 comment:

  1. Wow, I would say that was a relatively successful walk! I tried to do the same, as our kitteh is an inside kitteh. She tried to drag me under a bush to hide from all the scaries and shed all over the apartment afterward. I wish you luck on the next attempt. She is a very pretty kitteh.

    ReplyDelete