Sunday, June 7, 2009

Rude Awakenings

One of the joys of working while others are sleeping is waking those slumberers in odd and interesting ways. I enjoy waking Jessica up in several ways.

For example- when Shyla was a wee kitteh I would put her on Jessica's face/stomach/arm. Let's not forget the run-in-and-belly-flop-on-the-bed. Sometimes I will throw in a flip-on-the-light-switch before ending with said maneuver.

I've done the whole "awake sleeping beauty with a kiss" maneuver. I find it to be a little too boring.

That leaves me with the infamous putting-rats-in-the-bed trick. To do this I take Velvet (she's more friendly than the psychopathic River) and place her quietly on Jessica's pillow. Velvet will then proceed to climb over Jessica's face/arm/bare flesh, which rips her from blissful slumber.

This video is not said maneuver. It is just funny.

And to think Jessica didn't like rats or have any desire to own one while we were dating...

1 comment:

  1. That brings back some rather unpleasant memories. My little sisters had 2 rats who managed to escape from their cage a few times. Every time, without fail, they would find their way into the basement, squeeze under my very tightly shut door, and crawl into my bed. There's nothing quite like waking up to find something crawling around in your hair!

    ReplyDelete