Friday, June 5, 2009

Wedding Bliss!

Today, Aaron and I went to our cousing Joshua Baldwin's wedding to Niki Poulsen. It was fun being in the sealing room with all of our family reliving our own wedding day in our thoughts. Niki and Josh looked very happy and I wish the best for them. I remember feeling overwhelmed with happiness the day I was sealed to my sweetheart for eternity. He's my best friend and I simply can't do without him. There's nothing like kneeling across an alter and saying those sacred yeses to one another. I know Josh and Niki will always cherish that moment too.

Dad was, of course, completely irreverant. It bugs Aaron but I just find it funny to see him laughing under his breath with his brothers despite the fact that we're in the temple. He's the same way in chuch. Last sunday he gleefully made faces at me and wriggled his eyebrows from the stand. So much for the staid and wise Bishop facade he was so carefully building up.

Aaron stood behind me during the ceremony today and I could see in him the mirror in front of me. He looked so handsome. I am truly blessed to have him in my life and I was reminded of that today. Yay for being married!

1 comment:

  1. My hubby is playful and slightly irreverent in the temple too. I think we get to be a truer form of ourselves in the temple, and some people (mostly guys) are just that way to the core!

    ReplyDelete